For the ultimate vegetarian comfort food look no further! Hearty and delicious, this Layered Curried Vegetable Moussaka is spiced up with Arvinda's Curry Masala. Use 1 tablespoon if you like a lot of flavour. Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
LAYERED CURRIED VEGETABLE & KIDNEY BEAN MOUSSAKA
Method of Preparation:
1) In a medium pot, gently heat olive oil and sauté garlic for a couple of minutes. Add onions and sauté until golden brown. Add grape tomatoes, slightly cook and stir in crushed tomatoes. Mix in apple cider vinegar, ARVINDA'S CURRY MASALA, salt, sugar, turmeric and pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Thin out with water if becomes too thick. Fold in kidney beans, mix and set aside.
2) In a large skillet heat olive oil, add sliced vegetables and sprinkle in salt and pepper. Cover with lid and gently stir every few minutes. Cook until vegetables are tender. This will depend on how thinly the vegetables are sliced, but should take about 15 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 350F. Line a casserole dish (I used a rectangle oven proof dish) with parchment. Set aside.
4) In a saucepan, heat milk and whisk in flour, ARVINDA'S CURRY MASALA, ARVINDA'S GARAM MASALA, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until smooth.
5) In the casserole dish layer on half the vegetables. Layer on half the tomato mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Add the remaining vegetables, remaining tomato mixture, Béchamel Sauce and 1/2 cup grated cheese.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.
1 TBSP. olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 small red onions, chopped
1 CUP grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 CUP ground of crushed tomatoes
1 TBSP. apple cider vinegar
2 TSP. ARVINDA'S CURRY MASALA
1 TSP. salt
1/2 TSP. sugar
1/4 TSP. turmeric powder
crushed black pepper, to taste
1/2 CUP water
1 CUP kidney beans, cooked
1 TBSP. olive oil
1 eggplant, thinly sliced
1 small sweet potato, thinly sliced
1 small potato, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 CUP mozzarella, grated
1/4 CUP cilantro, chopped